Thursday, January 31, 2013

JAPANESE-INSPIRED KIDS ROOM

I have a confession to make ...
I'm in love with Japanese ... Do not fret, it's their beautiful design I'm talking about.

Think about cherry blossoms, origami, washi tape ... The Japs surely know how to create beautiful delicate patterns and designs.

If you want to create a Japanese-inspired baby nursery or kid's play room, these are some ideas for you:

For little girls
How about cherry blossoms in pretty pink, kokeshi (kimono girl), paper lanterns and beautiful pink rocking chair with wooden finish ...

Photo: MossyJojo


1 Kimmidoll  |  2 Simply Chic Lily  |  3 Thorsten van Elten  |  4 Nice Wall
For the little boys
What about a bright and colourful red and black colour scheme?
Perhaps a cool Oru Armchair that's like origami, Ninja Omigurumi crochet toy, black and red lighting with silk lamp shade and not to forget Japanese "Rising Sun" cushion..
3 Lamps Plus  |  4  Mazizmuse

5 comments:

  1. This was amazing! I have actually been looking for a cherry blossom inspired wall decal for my girls' room, and I think I've found it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Tiffany: Thank you :) Nice Wall is owned by one of my friends and she has some great affordable wall decals at her store.

      Delete
  2. I love the simplicity of these designs. The Japanese style lends itself really well to kids' rooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) i couldn't agree more ...

      Delete
  3. Win a $20 shop credit giveaway I'm offering at Sunshine blog, which you can use to get any item at my etsy store including this kokeshi prints :) http://thefrostedbuttonhandmade.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/feature-giveaway-mossy-jojo.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...