Tuesday, February 5, 2013

DIY NO SEW PILLOW CUSHION

A Do It Yourself Project ...

When I have nothing to do at home, I love changing the look of my house by rearranging my decor.

But last Sunday, when I started rearranging some of my stuff and clearing up the clutters, I found a green pillow cushion that I have had for over 4 years. Boy ... It looks sooo plain, but I wasn't ready to throw it away. I also didn't want to spend a lot of money or time making a new cover for it.

And I had a 'lightbulb' moment.

I made a simple cover using a crochet table runner and ribbons. It was super easy and only took probably 5 minutes or less. Best of all, it's got my husband's approval, so it stays in the living room haha..

What you do:

1. Gather your materials: pillow cushion with its plain cover, crochet table runner, ribbons, scissors.



2. Cut your ribbons. Make sure that it's long enough. I cut 3 pieces of ribbons for my cushion cover.


3. Wrap the table runner around your cushion, and simply tie the crochet wrap with your ribbons.


Ta da! Enjoy your new look pillow cushion.


8 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this idea!!! How pretty! I am going to try and pin it for you on Pinterest and others can link back to your blog...Following you now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AnnMarie. Thats very kind of you :)

      Delete
  2. What a smart idea! I always see crocheted doilies and runners at JoAnn and I wonder what people do with them. I'm definitely keeping this one in mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks paige :) What's funny is i have had that runner for 4 years too.. So it took me 4 years to realise that hey i could combine those two together! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow...that was an incredible idea. I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks jay :) Don't forget to take a pic and let me know the link if you upload it on your blog. I'd love to see!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...