Friday, April 19, 2013

DO IT YOURSELF SHARPIE LAMP SHADE

I bought a table lamp from K-Mart recently. It had a white textured lampshade and a chrome base.
It was however quite plain. So it definitely needed a little jazzing up!

So here came my Sharpie ... :)

There's a lot of decorating ideas on Pinterest using Sharpie marker. So I thought this was my chance to test it on my new lampshade.

How to:

1. Draw your design using pencil.
You can draw anything. I decided to draw some botanical motifs as it suited my room decor and it is quite easy to do.



2. Trace the pencil lines using sharpie.

3. Add some accents and personalization.
To make mine more personalized, I wrote some quotes and bible scriptures that meant a lot to us.
Ta da .. Here is my new "Sharpie" Lamp Shade:



Have you done any decorating using Sharpie? Tell me your story.


8 comments:

  1. Great DIY project, Mia! Thanks for sharing :)
    Duni - via EBT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Duni :) Just visited your lovely blog too..

      Delete
  2. Great idea! I haven't made any diy projects with a sharpie yet, but it's only a matter of time! Found you through the Etsy Blog Team, new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i had been wanting to do some decor using sharpie. So i was excited to do this for the first time. I would love to see your sharpie ideas when you've done it :)

      Delete
  3. That looks lovely! I would be so scared to ruin it that I would probably never be able to get started. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Amanda! It was only $15 so i was brave enough to draw on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently discovered sharpies, what a wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...