Sunday, July 21, 2013

DIY HAND STAMPED PAPER FEATHER GIFT TAGS

Today, I'm going to share with you a DIY project using Kindall Krafts' die-cut paper feathers.

Kindall Krafts, which is owned by husband and wife duo Levi and Deidre Kindall, offers a vast selection of felt flowers, felt die cuts, paper die cuts, felt bow ties and many more! Yes it's a lot ... and they have over 100 colors to choose from.

I was super excited when Deidre of Kindall Krafts sent me some product samples all the way from Idaho, like this die-cut paper feathers.

So here is my DIY project using their die-cut paper feathers:


It is a very easy project. Sorry I didn't do a step by step photo, I got carried away ha ... But you may not need them anyway as it is very easy.

Materials:
Kindall Krafts die-cut paper feathers
Floral foam brick
Paint, any colour will do. I used white for nice contrast.
Knife to cut the floral foam brick (I actually used my medium sized kitchen knife)

How to:
This was the first time I used a floral foam to make stamp .. in fact my first time making stamps at all :)
And I LOVED it! The foam was super easy to cut. You can basically do any shape you want.
I found that I could cut easier using a kitchen knife than my cutter or acto knife, as it had a longer blade.

As you can see on the picture above, I cut up a triangular and a rectangular shapes.
So once you cut the foam, simply dab on the paint and start stamping on the paper feathers... and you're DONE!

I used mine as gift tags, perfect with a string of jute twine for rustic finish.



You can also combine it with a plain painted paper feather, like this one below:



Have you made stamps before? What material did you use?

I hope you enjoy this. I'll come back with another DIY idea using Kindall Krafts die-cut paper feather soon


6 comments:

  1. Cute DIY project! I've never made stamps myself, but it's on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the feathers and the paint really makes them pop! Kraft and white are so great together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! What a fun DIY - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple, but they make such a nice touch on a package! I love the way that the simple stripe looks on the feather shape. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...