Monday, August 5, 2013

WEEKEND BAKING

I love cakes and I think I had passed on my "sweet tooth"ness to my son very well. Since he was just a toddler, I enjoyed taking him to a nice cafe in the city for a piece of cake and hot choc. Yum! I loved the sweetness of the baked goods and the memory we were making.

Today I want to share some very simple cake decorating ideas with you. It's super easy and definitely makes the cake looks more tempting to eat. (not sure whether it's a good thing or not) :)


For the pic above, you would need:

Chocolate cake. You can use a basic recipe such as this one
White chocolate
Berries
Whipped cream
Vegetable peeler

Cake Decorating Ideas:
1. Cut the cake in two. Put whipped cream as the filling. Top the cake with berries.

2. Chocolate curls. Use a slab of good chocolate. As you can see from the picture above, I actually did a bit of an experiment by mixing the white chocolate with some of the juices from the berries, and then set it. Then simply use a vegetable peeler to shave the chocolate. It made the chocolate had a a bit of red and white marble effect, instead of just a plain white.

3. Chocolate teardrops. Melt the chocolate and simply get a spoonful of the melted chocolate and smear it on a baking paper. Once set, peel off the choc teardrops.



There you go, happy baking and decorating!

13 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for packaging, so I love finding new ways to dress up, well... just about anything! Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! That cake looks delicious! And I love the idea of mixing the chocolate and berry juice for a marble effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks kelly. It was an accident actually. but it turned up quite well :)

      Delete
  3. Mmmm...the decorations do make it even more tasty looking! I have a huge sweet tooth too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like art, so beautiful as well as delicious, great tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks louise for your kind words :)

      Delete
  5. This is so rich and delicious looking, I want to have a bite! And good job on the photography, I always think food/photography is a big challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wish I could send you some :) thanks marieken. I actually just used my iphone and an app (Tilt Shift Gen). Very handy! Unfortunately my proper camera is too old (still using film).

      Delete
  6. What a great looking cake! Thanks for that quick decorating tip. I can sure use that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks amazing! Love how you made the top look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...