Monday, September 9, 2013

CHICKEN, VEG AND NAM JIM DRESSING

Having an Asian background, chili is a must in (almost) every meal :) So when my blog buddy Paige from Little Nostalgia is hosting a chili party. I put my hand up immediately.

It may not be a chili dish you usually see. As I use the long red chilli instead of peppers or chili powder that my readers and friends in the US probably use.

This is what I made:


WHAT YOU NEED:
Long red chilli, sliced.
Thai fish sauce
Brown sugar
Lemon juice (it's better to use real lemons, but I didn't have any today sorry :(
500g chicken thigh fillet, diced.
Salt, pepper
Minced garlic
Olive oil
1 bunch of baby pak choy, quartered lengthways
Bean sprouts

Note: for the vegies, I just used whatever vegies I have :) So change it to whatever veg you like.


HOW TO:


1. Blend the chilli, fish sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice in the blender until they're all combined.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Asian dish normally use thigh fillets as it's more tender compared to breast fillets.


3. Heat the olive oil in a wok over high heat. Add the garlic, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the chicken and stir fry until brown.
4. Add the chilli dressing you made earlier and the veg.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to stir fry until all well combined.
6. Serve with a bowl of rice



By the way, this was the type of chilli I used. It's medium hot.
Pic source: Coles

Hope you enjoy this.

Don't forget to visit my blog buds and see what they cook for this chili party. Don't forget to bring a napkin just in case you drool :)

Kristen from Milo and Molly
Ayla from Eyelah
Paige from Little Nostalgia
Meg from 18 Preston
Natasha from Nibbles and Noshes
Allison from The Bauble Dept

9 comments:

  1. I love these blog-food-series. Thanks for sharing Mia :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting twist--not the chili we might expect at all but it looks so GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! This looks so tasty, Mia!
    Since I grew up in Asia, I love eating spicy food.
    This type of red chilli is hard to find over here
    in Germany though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't usually like asian food, but this looks so tasty I think I might have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! Definitely need to make it!!!

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Looks delicious and healthy! Win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so awesome! I love your version...using real chili peppers no less!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun take on a chili recipe! It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your interpretation of the dish! It looks spicy and wonderful. Thanks for being part of the chili party! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...