Thursday, September 12, 2013

GALLERY WALL

I'm in love with gallery wall!

I've been thinking about it for quite some time ... like what type of prints I would display and the frames I would use ... plus making sure that it suits with my limited budget.
It's not an easy task.

When I went to IKEA last time, they have a new type of picture frames called NYTTJA (I don't even know how to pronounce it :) ) that are oh-so-cheap! They may not be the best quality, but it would be perfect to hang things like kid's drawings, etc. And when I say cheap ... it is like real cheap. For a 50cm x 70cm frame (19 ¾ x 27 ½"), it's only $10. Talk about real saving!

The only down side is that the front protection is not glass but plastic. Plus the frame itself is also quite thin. So I refrained myself from buying a bunch of them and decided to save some more money so I could buy the better quality frames.

Anyway, back to the topic. I decided to play around with some of my prints and create a (virtual) gallery wall.. It's sad isn't it? haha.


All the prints are from my shop, so in a way it's cost saving for me. See them here:

These are some awesome gallery walls I've found around the web:



Source: Apartment Therapy. See pin
Gallery wall in the bathroom ... who would've thought?
But it definitely makes a rather-boring room pretty interesting :)


Source: Country Living. See pin
I love these silhouettes. It's really interesting. Hey I think these would make a good party game "guess who" :)


Source: Lisa Roy. See pin
Another great idea is to frame your designer shopping bags. I imagine it would look great in closet.
Since I don't shop designer stuffs, I would have to stick with my prints :)

Which one is your favourite? What would you display if you have a gallery wall?

11 comments:

  1. I want a gallery wall in every room of my house! I just love all the options that you can do with them. I would love a combination of my favorite prints from Etsy shops, some vintage art, needlepoint, and some of my own handmade ideas. And of course something by my daughter! I would like to play around with textures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your prints would look great in a gallery wall...love the Sunshine print :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great prints!!!! So talented, Mia. We have so many pictures in frames waiting to be hung up...this has giving me the kick in the pants I needed to get that going!

    .:MArta:.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually have a gallery wall, which I once blogged about, made up of paintings done by various family members. Your prints looked great, all together like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gallery walls are my FAVORITE. We have one in our kitchen and I'd like to figure out another spot for one. Great idea to use your own prints, too! I have a couple of pictures I tore out of magazines in ours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love gallery walls too. I have one going on in my livingroom but the wall is so big that in comparison, my gallery appears small lol! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your virtual gallery wall! Your prints are great.
    I haven't been to Ikea in so long...I need some new frames too, so I should make the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the simple frames in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...