Monday, October 7, 2013

STORY: LIFE, DEATH AND A FUNERAL

It's been two weeks since I last wrote here... and so much had been happening.

Two weeks ago, my step dad passed away suddenly. I remember I was doing something on the computer when I received a call from mom. Her voice was shaky saying that she found my step dad on the carpet, not breathing. We rang 000 straightaway (which was like 911 in the US) but it was all too late.

It was a shocking news to all of us, as he was very fit. He loved sports, gardening and was pretty much an active person. A week later, we got another news that a close friend to my step dad, who also went to the same church as us, got a major stroke and within few hours also passed away.

During this period, I had the chance to stop and ponder.

From my shop

Life is precious and is short. It's like a vapor. We do not know what is going to happen the next minute, the next hour, tomorrow or next year.

These incidents made me see life in a different perspective. I sometimes worry about little things or argue with hubsey about things that are not really important.

I have been asking myself lately: "Have I shown the people I love, how much I care for them? Do they know that they matter to me? Have I done something with my life that's worth remembering?"

There's more to life.

Life is not about how much money we make, or how successful we are. It is not about how many people follow my blog, pinterest or other social media.

I'm learning to live my life one day at a time. Caring for people around me more. Worry less. Think more about things above, and not temporary things of this earth.

John 10: 10 "A thief comes to steal and kill and destroy, but I (Jesus) came to give life - life in all its fullness."

Please take care

12 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss, Mia (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's all so shocking and sad. It's given you a new perspective, though . . . maybe a little good from the bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mia, I'm so sorry - virtual hugs! I hear you on what life is all about - totally precious, and sometimes we need to stop and remember to stop and say I love you more often.

    My thoughts are with you and your family during this time...

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss. You're right that we should take the time to show people we really care. Hugs to you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for you losses, my thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your loss, my thoughts r with u and yr family, hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for your loss, Mia. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for your loss. I can relate to finding out that you need to love people while they are here. My brother and ex-boyfriend died unexpectedly. After 5 and 1 year later it is a constant reminder to love people now and tell them everyday. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks so much everyone for your kind words and support. It means a lot xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deeply sorry for your loss, Mia. **Hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  11. My condolence to you and your family, Mia. I was wondering what happened when there's no update on Mossy Jojo.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...