Monday, October 21, 2013

TO EAT, DIY AND DECOR: BOTANICAL

It's spring here in Australia...

Today we went to mom's house to do some cleaning and because of the spring season, all the flowers in mom's garden were all blooming. This made me remember about my late step dad. He had such love for nature, especially gardening. This "eat, diy and decor" post is a tribute to him :)

TO EAT

Edible Flowers Guide by Illustrated Bites
The only flower I've eaten is lavender (in an ice cream version). It was really yummy.
I've also seen some top chefs put some of these little pretties on a cake.
I'm sure this guide would come in handy someday ... maybe when I run out of any other food :)

TO DIY


Fresh Flowers Gift Tags by Studio DIY
Christmas is just around the corner. And who wouldn't want to receive a gift, specially wrapped and tagged with fresh flowers? I think my mom would love this one.

TO DECOR


Give Thanks art print by MossyJojo
One of my fave verses in the bible. When we are faced with difficulties, we can choose to either complain or give thanks. I wish I could say that I always give thanks in good or bad. But it wasn't always the case :) Yes I am still learning to thank God in every circumstance. It may not change my situation, but would definitely change the way I see it.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend. Do you love gardening? Have you ever eaten flowers? What do you plan for thanksgiving?

Source:
1 / 2 / 3

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful finds and the poster is gorgeous! Lilacs are my mom's favourite. I've eaten sugared rose petals before and lavender cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quote print is gorgeous, is it a new addition to your shop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes marieken. thanks so much! i'm flattered :)

      Delete
  3. That edible flower guide is a very neat find! And I adore that packaging diy. I would love to receive that as a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea so many flowers were edible! And I love the idea of fresh flowers as package toppers! Your print is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! this is wonderful! thanks for sharing! wonderful art print!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am such a sucker for beautifully wrapped gifts so naturally I'm in love with the flowers on that brown paper box. SO lovely!!

    Stopping by your blog today via your sponsorship/button on Elah Tree. Happy Tuesday, friend!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice having you here Nicole! Thanks for stopping by

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...