Tuesday, November 5, 2013

THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL: FASHION HATS

Today is Melbourne Cup day in Melbourne Australia. Melbourne Cup is Australia's major thoroughbred horse race. We're having a long weekend and the beautiful weather makes this day even more perfect!

What I love about Melbourne Cup is not the horses, but the fashion hats. So many beautiful and unique millinery designs.

These were some fashion hats that looked pretty awesome from Melbourne Cup Fashion in the Field:



 

 

Have you ever been to horse racing?

Photo source:
Martan // Herald Sun  // Bellabox  // Izziana  // Race Fashion



6 comments:

  1. What a great collection of colourful hats! My favourite is the last one on the right. And I love the mustard-yellowish dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melbourne Cup always brings back fond memories of childhood when we would make hats and wear them to watch the cup on the TV. My Dad used to let us choose and horse to cheer for and he would put a real bet on for my brother and I.

    My favourites above are the bottom two and Jennifer Hawkins does look fabulous in the mustard coloured dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realised you're from Australia too! :) what a beautiful memory with your family

      Delete
  3. We don't have an event like that here, but on the thirth tuesday in september the ladies in the gouvernment wear al kinds of hats. Sometimes over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun designs. Love all the bright colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I have been to horse racing, watched it but without Fashion hats show, so watching Melbourne Cup is much fun! :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...