Today I'm having a mini DIY party and invited a few of my blog buddies: Marieken and Samantha. Can't wait to show you these DIYs, which hopefully will get you in the mood for Christmas (if you haven't already).
THE DIY CHALLENGE: using maximum 4 materials only.
THEME: Christmas (of course!)
My DIY: Starry Christmas Sign.
I made this starry Christmas sign today. It's super easy to do and you probably already have all the materials you need:
1. Paper. I used white for the text and yellow for the star.
2. Sticky tape
PS: don't forget your pencil and scissors for this project. But since they are basic stationery, I didn't really count them as materials. Hope it's okay? :)
WHAT TO DO:
1. Hand write the word using pencil. You can do any word you like. If you are not comfortable with your handwriting style, you can check out your favorite font and copy it onto paper. It does not have to be exact or perfect.. That's the beauty of a handmade item :)
By the way, you can use whatever type paper you like, such as gold, silver ... Go crazy! ... whatever color that would suit your Christmas decoration.
2. Cutout the word.
3. This is the fun part :) Make the 3D stars. I used yellow paper. I cut out a square and fold in half. Then cut a half star shape (see below pic). So when you open it, it would be a perfectly-mirrored star shape.
4. Do a few. You would need 2 of these star shapes to make a 3D star. Glue one of the sides together.
5. I attached a string on the stars using sticky tape. I then stuck the text and the strings of stars onto the wall using sticky tape. This is the final product.
Hope you enjoy this diy.
Please don't forget to check out these cool DIYs from:
Marieken (Always Wear Your Invisible Crown blog):
DIY Christmas Paper Ornaments
Samantha (Elah Tree)
DIY Christmas Gift: Pretzel Rolos