Wednesday, January 29, 2014

TO EAT, DIY AND DECOR: VALENTINE

I don't know about you. I love Valentine's day.

I love being pampered with love and surprises on that special day. My hubsey is not really fond with the idea. Early in our marriage, I often had to remind him that the V-day was coming up :)

After several years of marriage, we are adjusting to each other well (I think). He put reminders on his mobile for all our special dates and I am happy with whatever he gives me (or not).

After all, it's all about love. Whether it's a Valentine's day or not, let's remind each other to love those around us while they're still alive.

Here are some ideas to inspire you for the big V-day:


1. TO EAT: Vanilla Bean Heart Doughnuts by WhipperBerry

Aren't they gorgeous? These little delights would surely melt everyone's heart.
... and I think these would be something my kids would love! Check out the recipe here

2. TO DIY: Bird Dome with Paper Feathers by MossyJojo

This was a simple DIY I did using a used coffee jar as the dome. What's great about it is that you can write a personal message and put inside the dome. Read the full instruction here

3. TO DECOR: Heart String Art Decor by Handmaker of Things

I've seen lots of string art in the past year and this one is a beauty! I love how the nails are hammered into a piece of plywood, not directly into the wall, so you can easily update your decor. I think this would look great for Valentine's party or even a wedding. Why didn't I think of this when I got married? D'oh!
Check out the how-to here

Do you like Valentine's Day? Have you planned doing or giving something for your loved ones?


8 comments:

  1. Wonderful V-Day inspiration! Your little bird dome is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to take a bite out of that first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the string art. That would be fun to DIY, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum...those donuts look tasty! And the heart string work is cool. Love your DIY globe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the Heart String Art on Pinterest the other day, and it reminded me of a project from middle school when we made those hearts. It's really fun. Those donuts look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love V-day too and the doughnuts look yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...