Friday, February 7, 2014

DIY: POP UP VALENTINE CARD

I'm hosting another mini DIY party today and so glad that Marieken from Always Wear Your Invisible Crown and Edi from Memories for Life Scrapbooks could join me.

Theme: Valentine
Challenge: up to 4 materials only

I'm making a pop up Valentine Card. I read about how to make it from a book a long time ago, when I was at high school. So sorry I can't remember the book's title :(

This was what I made:



WHAT YOU NEED:



HOW TO:

Fold the paper in half, and then fold in half again. So it will look like this:



On the inner side of the card, cut 4 heart shapes.
You may want to use a pencil to draw those heart shapes first. I just cut directly on the paper.
But make sure that you do not cut all the way through. If you see the red circles below on my picture, those are the parts that I did not cut. You will need to fold them later on.



Re fold the card and start folding the heart shapes (see below). You see the parts where I didn't cut are the parts where I did the folding.



This is the fun part. Decorate the front of your card. You can do any design you like. Go crazy!



I also coloured in some of the heart shapes and put the "I" and the "U", so it says I love you.





There you have it: a diy pop up Valentine's card.


Hey check out Marieken's and Edi's Valentine DIYs too here:

Always Wear Your Invisible Crown:


Memories for Life Scrapbooks:


6 comments:

  1. I love papercrafts, so this cute idea is right up my street :)
    Thanks for sharing, Mia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea, I wouldn't mind receive a card like this next week :-)

    And I love how you photographed it, making photo's of a DIY project can be such a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project! The pop-up heart adds that little touch to make it extra special :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's adorable! Whenever I freehand letters they never look as good as yours, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you paige :) I'm sure your handwriting are fabulous!

      Delete
  5. That is so cool, I never would have thought of something like that! Great project!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...