Thursday, March 27, 2014

DIY: BUNNY HOP GAME

I came up with this impromptu game last weekend ... and let me tell you how much fun we had. My kids absolutely loved it.

What I especially love about this game is that it's fun, educational and requires very little preparation, so you can spend more time playing it with your kids. Yay!

Since Easter is coming up soon, this could be a suitable game to play at an Easter party.



WHAT YOU NEED:

You only need these 5 items, and chances are you already have them at home.



MAKE THE HAT:

It's super easy to make. So I don't think I need to take a photo of each step.
1. Cut the paper plate into two to make bunny ears
2. Cut a long strip of paper to make the head band.
3. Staple the paper plate ears to the head band.

Option: you can decorate the hat with cotton balls to make it look more "bunny-ish".



MAKE THE ROUTE FOR BUNNY TO HOP AROUND

1. Cut small strips of duct tape in different colours
2. As I have square tiles, so I stuck each duct tape strip onto each tile.
3. Make it fun. Don't make it a long boring straight path. You can make it zig zaggy across the room.




HOW TO PLAY

Start from 1 point and simply tell your child the colour he needs to jump onto next.
This will help him to build colour awareness and overall gross motor skill
You can each take turn eg: your child becomes the bunny and you become the instructor, or vice versa.



Do you have any memorable game you used to play as a kid?

6 comments:

  1. What a fun game! Looks like your little one is having a blast :)
    I like that it uses items from around the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it was. I think i had as much fun and great bonding time with the kids :)

      Delete
  2. Great idea! You have an adorable little bunny :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...