Monday, March 17, 2014

STORY: WAVE POOL AND A STORY OF TRUST

Last holiday my family and I went to Gold Coast. It's a city in Queensland, Australia that's famous for its theme parks.




One of the theme parks was called the "Wet and Wild". It has a huge wave pool among other attractions.

I didn't realize my boy little J was terribly scared of the waves. He was screaming and crying, wanted me to take him out of the wave pool.

I moved closer to the pool edge, carried him and hugged him so tightly. I said to him "Look do not be afraid ... you will be fine." But my words meant nothing to him as fear overwhelmed my little boy.

He saw the big wave coming from afar and must had thought that he was in big danger. He couldn't see that the wave was in fact really small. It was just up to my knee. Since I carried him, the water didn't even touch his toes.

The incident reminded me that sometimes we were like my little boy. When a problem comes in our way, we often feel so scared seeing how huge the "wave" is. It frightens us and makes us unaware of the fact that God is bigger and stronger than our problems. He is not only with us but He will carry us through.


From my shop

"Footprints in the sand" a beautiful poem by Mary Stevenson tells it beautifully:

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.

Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints,
is when I carried you."

Photo source:
1. Travel Online
2. Themeparks.com.au
3. "Because He Lives" print from MossyJojo

Have you ever been in a situation where you felt overwhelmed and terrified?

12 comments:

  1. Such a great analogy. Needed this reminder today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea. Glad that it's helpful to you :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fun place. I hope your little boy is able to overcome his fear and find the fun in riding the waves :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i really hope he can overcome his fear. His little brother is the exact opposite. He's got no fear whatsoever :)

      Delete
  3. I had a bad wave pool experience as a kid - I understand! Love that poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh really! how did you overcome your fear allison? Did your parents take you to wave pool more often?

      Delete
  4. Aww, poor little guy! I'm sure he'll be running into the pool in a couple of years. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww, I grew up on the GC and your pictures made me nostalgic! <3

    www.dancingthroughsunday.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So great to meet another Aussie blogger! Visiting your blog soon.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...