Monday, June 30, 2014

CARDBOARD PLAY IDEAS

My hubby and I love playing with our boys. He holds them upside down and wrestle with them; whereas I play with them more humanely :)

Whatever activity we do together, playing with my boys is always the highlight of my day especially when I have a crazy busy day. There's something about their laughter, kisses and hugs that melt all my tiredness.

I especially like making impromptu toys for them from everyday objects. One of my fave materials is cardboard. It's easy to find and so versatile. You can use cardboard boxes, toilet rolls, egg cartons ... you name it! I'm glad that kids can be so easily amused. They don't care how much the toy costs, as long as they have FUN playing it!

THESE ARE SOME IDEAS TO INSPIRE YOU:




1. DIY Shoe Tie Practice Board by Salsa Pie
It's a simple, yet clever idea. Not only it's a great tool for your kids to learn how to tie their shoe laces, but also helps strengthen their fine motor skill.



2. Alligator Affirmation Box by Crayon Box Chronicles
You may have heard of five love languages (Acts of Service, Receiving Gifts, Quality Time, Physical Touch, and Words of Affirmation). This toy is great for every kid, especially for those whose primary love language is words of affirmation. Inside the crocodile's belly box are positive words to encourage your child such as "I am smart", "I am loved", etc.



3. Car Parking Garage Shoe Box by Lilla a design
This easy diy toy would be a great hit for little boys. It's not only fun, but can also helps them with counting and number recognition.


4. Who is taller Cardboard Game by Elhadadepapel
Such a simple and fun game. See the little 'boy' or 'girl' grow as you throw the dice ... and the tallest person wins!



Have fun!

3 comments:

  1. I love the shoelace tutorial! I think that is an awesome idea for some kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of them, but I think the garage is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! That alligator box is way cool. And I like the idea for the shoe tie practice board too. =0)
    Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...