Wednesday, October 29, 2014

THE BEST OF ME MOVIE

Last week my mum and I went out for a mother and daughter get together. And what's more suited to watch other than Nicholas Spark's new romantic movie "The Best of Me" :)

If you're not familiar with Nicholas Spark, perhaps you've seen "The Notebook" which was based on his novel as well and grossed a total of $115.6 million worldwide!



The Best of Me is a story of first love, forgiveness and redemption.

Dawson (played by Luke Bracey from Australia!) is a boy from notorious criminal family, whereas Amanda (Liana Liberato) comes from a rich family. Despite their huge differences, these two teens fall in love.

But something dramatic happens and separates them apart. You may read the official synopsis here and watch the trailer here

Although I personally don't agree with some of the values in this movie, but one positive thing I can take from the movie is about the role of a mentor. Dawson is abused by his criminal father. However, later he meets Tuck, a man who is like a mentor and father to him. Through Tuck's life, Dawson can experience what it means to have a father - being protected, encouraged and loved unconditionally.

This movie takes you on an emotional rollercoaster. I expected my mum to cry and didn't think I myself would cry, but boy .. I was wrong! :) We both ended up using napkins to wipe our tears ha..

The Best of Me is released today on October 30, in cinemas across Australia.

Genres: Drama, Romance
Australian Rating/Classification: M - Mature themes, violence, sex scenes and coarse language
Duration: 118 minutes

Special thanks to Roadshow Australia for the preview screening.

Have you seen this movie? What do you think?

Photo source:
Movie Insider

5 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this movie (I think it's not showing here yet), but I definitely would like to!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read a couple of his books, and the only movie I saw is "message in a bottle". I haven't seen this new one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom and I will be out and about on Sunday. This sounds like a great movie to catch for the day.
    I loved the Notebook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen the movie, but it looks like a good one to watch. How fun that you got to go to the preview screening with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the notebook will be my favorite movie for long time.... I will be renting the new the best of me this weekend if it available ... I think it can be good for a date night:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...